Monday, August 10, 2009

A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes...

Just because you have a few risqué, detailed, graphic (and totally harmless) dreams about someone doesn’t mean anything, right?! Well, it DOES confirm what you and I already know…um, I’m obsessed. But what good is having an obsession about someone if you don’t at least have some borderline erotic dreams about him?

It’s kind of embarrassing, but funny at the same time. If you’ve ever experienced this, and I think most people do, it’s always extremely awkward to walk into work the next day and see that person and remember how close you were and the beautiful moments (or raunchy trysts) you shared. You’re afraid to make eye contact and when you do, you can’t help but think about what you did and become flustered! Then you remember the exciting and illicit make-out session you just had involved dream girl and dream boy. Not the real you. And there is a part of you that is grateful, because at least you didn’t physically cheat on your significant other. But there is a small, or maybe slightly bigger, part of you that is disappointed it didn’t really happen. But I remember how they feel. Hmmmm… :)

I have had many intimate encounters with, um...I mean dreams, about Brandon. These dreams usually vary quite a bit. Anywhere from him courting me and flirting with me to a full blown smooch fest. They are sexual, but up to this point, there hasn’t been any actual sex. Sorry to disappoint! For some reason it just hasn’t gone that far. But when it does, I promise I will let you know. I can tell you he is a damn good kisser though! The best one so far still gives me butterflies when I think about it. In one rare disappointing dream, he was his typical perfect self and when I finally got close to him, he became old with long, gray hair. Not a good looking old man, I might add. That was my least favorite. And thankfully a one time thing!

He is always so nice and sweet and attentive in my dreams. I imagine that is how he is with his wife. And I’m so jealous. But I think if in some parallel universe, or if both of our spouses spontaneously and simultaneously left us, and we ended up together, I’d be really scared that it wouldn’t be anything like my dreams and I don’t want to ever find out if that’s true. Oh, who am I kidding? Of course I would LOVE to know! As long as he doesn’t turn into the old man with long hair who whips out pictures of his 22 year old kid (vision of things to come?).
For now I think I’ll just enjoy having these dreams, and I actually look forward to them. It’s a way of spicing up my nights a bit without any consequences. I wake up the next day to my husband, completely unaware of what my subconscious is doing behind his back. We make jokes or tease each other, get our toddler ready to go to her babysitter and kiss each other before we leave. A good morning by most standards. Then it’s off to work for me where I’ll walk in the door and the very first person I’ll see is the man of my dreams…literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment